Saturday, May 1, 2010

MY JOURNEY TO THE GAMBIA II

MY JOURNEY TO THE GAMBIA II

But what I met was vice versa -
My thinking was to start the job,
But Tunji said - my journey far
I shook as if I needed herb...

For rivers crossed or cloudy seen?
My people left or signed out work;
Or places where I'd never beeing?...
I souly cried like beaten cork...

The second day I saw Bundung -
From school to school for teaching sake...
Banjul, Bakau and Old Jeshwang...
With Sirah till I shouted ache....

But luckily on Sa-tur-day,
The Nusrat School requested me-
To teach a class and just display,
Some stuff in me like grammar key -

I did my best with Chomsky's wit
And Halliday's in learning room...
The teachers there with learning kit
But money flows like drying stream...

I later heard another miew
From stadium side for interview...


------------------------
Tunji-- the man that invited the
poet for teaching in the Gambia

Bundung: A place where Nusrat school is
located
Bajul, Bakau, Old Jes...: places in the Gambia

Sirah: Sirah Sanneh, the Seretary and marketer of
Tunji, a deceptive man.

No comments:

Post a Comment